Saturday, June 6, 2015

Sunday's Column for the Elder

Michael L.

My Sunday piece for the Elder, generally published at 11 AM EST, is entitled "Rabbi Obama" Threatens Israel.

Here is a tid-bit:

Obama Jews
Let's get something straight, shall we?  Barack Obama, whatever else anyone might wish to say about the man, is not Jewish.

Obama is not Jewish, nor is he Muslim, nor is he Rosicrucian, nor Buddhist, nor a follower of the ancient faith of the Jains.  

It is reported that former senior White House adviser, David Axelrod, claims that Obama said, "I think that I am the closest thing to a Jew who’s ever sat in this office."  According to the Times of Israel, the White House is proving itself a little uncomfortable with this quote and is refusing to affirm its authenticity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,
    I bet the White House is trying to backtrack on this. Obama's staggering narcissism probably made it seem a great idea at the time. It's only when there is a less than 100% favourable response to anything like this that it occurs to him - and his circle - that maybe it doesn't look so good for him.
    Importantly, the problem is not that it is unbelievably arrogant and offensive to others, but that it doesn't play well for him politically. He only ever cares about his own image. He is always telling people how criticism is so hurtful to him. It never occurs to him some criticism might be well- deserved.

    I wonder what would have happened if he'd declared himself the closest thing to 'an anything else' president that America has ever had. Except, of course, he wouldn't say anything like this about any other group.
    It is arrogant and patronising beyond belief.
    And can only happen when you believe ( probably correctly) that that group will be so in thrall to you that they will not challenge it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a September 2008 New York Times profile of Obama:

    “I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters,” Mr. Obama told Patrick Gaspard, his political director, at the start of the 2008 campaign, according to The New Yorker. “I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m going to think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

    Should it come as any surprise he projects to know more about Israeli and Jewish values that Israelis and Jews?

    ReplyDelete